Saturday, March 17, 2007

African Queen

My "African Queen" ... I loved making this doll. She was a joy from start to finish !! I made her for my ATC Art Dolls group February swap - the theme was "Foreign Cultures". The template was one that I found in a "Handmade" magazine - these are great sources for doll templates, even tho they are patterns for cloth dolls.

Her body and limbs are black paper glued onto card, and the stripes on the legs are done with a white pencil. Her dress is lace glued onto braid, and her bra and hair are rhinestones. She has no face, as I couldn't find one that looked right, but I think that she suits not having one.

I had quite a bit of trouble with the wire around her neck and wrists, but after I stopped swearing and cursing I had to admit it was worth it ... LOL

No comments: